Real Storm Protection: Post Storm Cleanup
- Do not attempt to reenter an evacuated area until authorized to do so by the governing authorities.
- Remember to be on the lookout for downed power lines and other potential hazards which may be present as you reenter the area.
- If you were forced to evacuate and the civil authorities prevent you from immediately retuning to your home, please save copies of any receipts for food and lodging. Your policy may provide coverage for these expenses. Losses not covered by insurance may be tax deductible. Remember to check with your tax professional.
- If you need to report a loss to your personal property, call us toll free at 1-800-227-8244, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, to speak to a Mississippi Farm Bureau Insurance representative who will take the claims information and process the loss so that it is assigned to an adjuster who works in your area. Or you can report a claim online.
- If the street signs are down or your street address is not readily visible, the adjuster may not be able to locate your home.
- You should identify your property with a sign or some other marker to help the adjuster locate your property.
- You should also include contact telephone numbers on the marker so the adjuster will know how to contact you, in the event you are not at home when your property is inspected.