Property Loss Checklist

Property Loss Checklist from Mississippi Farm Bureau Insurance

What happens after your property is lost or damaged? Follow these steps to recover from property loss, from making a claim to meeting with an insurance adjuster.

  1. If you need to report a property loss, call us toll free at 1-866-275-7322, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, to speak to a Mississippi Farm Bureau Casualty Insurance representative who will take the claims information and process the loss so that it is assigned to an adjuster who works in your area.
  2. Your claim will be assigned to a local adjuster who will contact you concerning your loss to set up an appointment to survey your damage, or to give you directions on what is needed to submit your loss for further handling.
  3. We will pay for reasonable temporary repairs necessary to secure your home or prevent further damage.  You should save all receipts for those repairs and provide them to your adjuster when he or she meets with you.
  4. If you have a camera available, photographs are very helpful in documenting the temporary repairs and are recommended, if possible.
  5. No damaged property should be disposed of prior to an onsite inspection by your adjuster.  He or she can discuss with you during that inspection what should be done with the damaged property.
  6. When the adjuster contacts you, be prepared to devote time to meeting with them to discuss your loss in detail and to meet with them if necessary at your property to look at the damage so they can develop a detailed scope of the damage to your home and personal items.

Learn more information on how to make a claim.